Skip to main content

final reflection

Blake Peterson
Dr. Ott
Personal Finance
25 January 2019

Final Reflection
    Over the past three weeks in personal financing I have learned a lot about the basics of financing and what to expect financially in the future. The things I found the most interesting was learning about investing and the life game. With investing we learned a lot about things like the stock market and also real estate investing. In stock market investing we had a speaker named Champ Warren, who is a financial consultant and investor. He talked about his method with investing and we looked at the market and analyzed if there was going to be a recession anytime soon. For investing we also started an Investopedia game and played it throughout the class. We also learned about the real estate side of investing. We had three people come and talk to us, each of them giving us a new perspective on real estate investing. My favorite part of the real estate investing was when we went to an apartment complex and looked through some rooms to learn about the price and what it would be like to live there. The real estate investing information we learned about was interesting and helpful to learn about with why it might be useful to invest in real estate and some of the pros and cons. Along with all the things we learned we also played a game called the life game. In the life game we financially planned out our future and decided thing like the job we will be, our college,  and all the expenses we will have throughout our lives. After we finished putting in all the information we rolled two dice and that would affect the game by making an event happen that could be good or bad. The life game was useful because it helped me understand the expenses I will have when I am working and out in the world and it helped plan how I would like to live in the future. Overall I thought the personal finance class was very helpful in learning about all types of important things in finance and it helped me understand what i will be dealing with when I am older. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Final Reflection

Nathaniel Samuels Dr. Ott Personal Finance January 28, 2019 Final Reflection In Personal Finance we learned many things from early in life dealing with student loans to later crossing the crossover point where you no longer have to work for money. My favorite part of the class was the hypothetical discussions of if you spend more some points of your mortgage or put more away to investments. It was very cool to see the effects from these and how some go from 200,000 to 1,000,000 in an extra 5 years of investing. In the life game at first I thought it would be unreasonable to have to predict finances 50 years in the future. As I continued it became easier and it became fun to see net worth go up and down as I bought a house and had children and then see the skyrocket at the end when my kids graduated and my mortgage was paid off.  With the rolls of the dice at first it made me go into crippling amounts of debt but as i rebalanced and took money out of an emergency fund it

Reflection - Tommy

Final reflection Tommy Johnson This course, to me, was one of the most informative and productive class I've ever taking teaching life skills I am glad I know. I feel a lot more financially confident and prepared for life. We covered many of the financial concepts that everyone will eventually need to understand such as taxes, mortgages and debt, but to me the part of this course that will be most helpful in my life is the knowledge that some people will never know. the course is littered with tips and knowledge that will give everyone in the class a strong upper hand in the financial world throughout their entire life.